Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In Da Club

I'm thinking of joining a triathlon club just to have a group to work out with. There's one that meets around here and I've been emailing back and forth with one of the guys who helps organize things. His daughter is actually a Scottie, so we sort of have something in common. They've got a meeting Thursday night that I may try to make just to meet people and get a feel for the group. If I like them, I'll start training with them.

I haven't heard back from the IronGirl people about volunteering, so I may send them another email. I'm really anxious to see a tri in action and help out. There's a big group going to Knoxville, but I think I might just stick with IronGirl since it's just at Lake Lanier.

I missed my training today because my digestive system has been acting up. I dunno if it's a bug or just something I ate, but it was bad enough I skipped camp this morning. To put things in perspective, I didn't skip camp when I sprained my ankle and bruised my right knee so badly it would barely bend. I'm hoping to feel back to normal tomorrow so I can swim and go to spin class. I'm not sure what my plans are for tomorrow night. I may go to dance, but part of me will just get depressed because I have to quit and pay for my car. *sigh* I guess I should go and enjoy what little time I have left. I haven't been in several weeks between my ankle injury and knowing that I went to the effort to pay for unlimited classes and then life got in the way. Anywhoo...

Time for more stomach meds.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Just found your blog through your post on BT regarding tonights ride. I am assuming you are talking about North Atlanta multisport. I have been a member for three years and it is a great group of folks and we always have a great turnout at the local races to cheer our fellow club members on. We also have a large group that volunteers every year at Iron Girl, so you would likely have the opportunity to sign up to volunteer through the club. I have added your blog to my reader and look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I was talking about North Atlanta. It seemed like the most logical one for me. I look forward to meeting everyone.

    ReplyDelete