Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Got My Bike!

Yesterday was a stressful and traumatic day, but I finally got my bike. The shop was recommended to me by one of my boot camp buddies and I'm glad I checked it out. They had a bike that fit my needs on sale for $200 down from $500. It's not an ideal tri bike, but the general consensus is I don't need to be investing in something until I know I'm going to stick with it. I also got a helmet, shorts, and a pump. Of course it's raining today so I can't get out and ride him, but that's okay. I'm sure the weather will clear up soon enough.

I also got fitted for actual running shoes. The woman who helped us was really good and I ended up with a pair that I didn't expect I would. I'm pretty excited to see if it helps my ankle pain, which I'm sure it will. Again, would love to test them out, but it's raining.

I still don't have a swimsuit and goggles, but I can pick that up tomorrow. Then I'll be fully outfitted and ready to throw myself into training.

No comments:

Post a Comment