Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Donation In!

A huge shoutout to Eugenie Viener for being my first donor. You rock hardcore, girl! I can't say it enough that every little bit helps. It's not the $1000 donations that make a difference, it's the little ones.

I spent all day brainstorming on fundraising ideas and I think I've got a couple good ones.

Date Auction:
I'll be auctioned off on the eve of April 2 to support a fellow TNTer's efforts. Tickets are $10, so if you'd like to purchase me or just heckle me, let me know and I'll sell you a ticket.

Mother's Day Basket Raffle:
I'll have this together by the end of April. For $10, you get a shot at winning a basket full of goodies for the mom in your life who really needs it. If you're feeling really ambitious, buy 5 tickets for only $40. I haven't solidified the exact details of what will be in the basket, but definitely a $50 Bath & Body Works gift card, a candle, and a gift certificate for a nice dinner out. Full details will be posted when I have it assembled.

Dine Out for A Cure:
This is still in the works. Ideally, I'll get 5 local restaurants to participate over the course of 5 months. I'll make flyers and on the selected night, 10-15% of the proceeds from participants will go toward LLS. You have to have the flyer, though, otherwise the restaurant won't know to include you. One restaurant is all in, we just need to set an exact date. I called another and they seemed amenable to it. I'll know for sure in a few weeks. I have a fairly long wish list of places, so I'm hoping 5 of them will agree to participate. I'm about to go write up the participant fact sheet to have when I visit in person.

So that's the latest on the fundraising front. I'll cover my training in the next post. It definitely deserves its own entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment