Friday, March 19, 2010

You Train, You Sprain

Yup, one sprained left ankle. I've got a lace up brace, 2 kinds of pain medication, and instructions to wear said brace when I'm going to be super active. I'm also supposed to do physical therapy 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks, but I just can't afford it. My insurance only covers so much. I still have my therabands and exercises from when I broke it 2 years ago, so that should give me something to go on.

Today was pay day so I can *finally* go shopping for everything I need. I'm definitely getting a performance swimsuit, goggles, a helmet, and new running shoes. If there's a bike in my price range, I'll get it as well. There's a store that's got a bunch of stuff on clearance and some of it in my price range. I'll probably end up doing that on Sunday or Monday. It'll most likely be Monday because they can spend more time with me. I'll definitely be able to hit up spin class and the pool, so that's a start. I need to make a training calendar with my daily goals on it.

No more donations yet, but Meg has helped me put together a letter to send out to restaurants to get them to participate in the dine around. Hopefully more of them will agree to do it. I also haven't heard back from any family members yet, which is a little surprising. Usually they jump on stuff like this, but whatever. I've still got over 4 months. I also haven't tapped my co-workers yet or done any kind of raffle/auction. It's times like these I wish I were more patient.

Tomorrow's plans really depend on when I get out of bed. I'm not going to push myself super hard since I am recovering. If I get up way early, I might go to yoga. If not, I'll probably dance for a little bit then get fitted for my new shoes. Considering it's not even 7pm and I'm already exhausted, I think it's wise to be easy on myself for a bit longer.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment