Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Success, I'd Say

I think the event last night was a real success. About 20-30 people came out, ate, drank, and were merry. I'll get the check in about a week, but just looking at what people were eating and drinking, I think it'll be a nice boost. I'm glad that FitWitters are a bunch of lushes. ;) It was also nice to talk to everyone and explain further what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. After all, a personal connection does drive the point home.

Thanks to not getting home until 1am, I skipped work today. It did give me a nice opportunity to train, though. I finally got back in the pool and it wasn't as bad as I'd been dreading. I alternated freestyle and backstroke and that seemed to work better. I need a nose plug because I kept getting water up my nose and that wasn't exactly good times. Nope, not at all. I also went for a bike ride and worked out on the elliptical. I find it's kinder and gentler on my joints and I get pretty much the same cardio endurance. I'm gonna get more pool time in tomorrow after my review at BBW.

I offered to be a running buddy for the Girls on the Run 5k the day before my tri, so we'll see. I haven't heard back from the coordinator yet, so they may or may not need my services. I probably shouldn't be running the day before my tri, but it's a great way to start getting involved with the organization before I start coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment