Friday, April 2, 2010

I Didn't Fall!

So I finally got a chance to take the bike out. I went to a trail not too far from the house and got some good practice time in. Since a lot of schools didn't have the day off, it was fairly quiet. By the time I finished, I was feeling pretty good. I only did 4 miles but it's a start. I also don't go in a very straight line yet, but that will come with practice. The point is I didn't fall and no one laughed at me. If anything, I was getting a fair number of sympathetic looks when people would come across me trying to get moving after I stopped. After a few more rounds I'm sure I'll be ready for a group ride. As expected, lowering the seat definitely helped.

My thumbs hurt from the death grip I had on the handlebars, but again, I'm sure that'll get better. I did about half the distance of the super sprint and that gave me the boost I think I needed. I might actually pull this off. I need to run a few errands near the Y, so I'll probably stop in for a swim. I also need to look into swim lessons since my technique can only go up. I think the Y does those free, though.

Tomorrow is a run, then maybe I'll take Gunter (the bike) out in the neighborhood now that I know I *can* still ride. The trail is a gangbang on Saturdays especially now that the weather is nice. Since I'm having trouble with the whole straight line thing, the neighborhood might be a better choice. Plus there are bike lanes through 90% of it. I might throw a yoga class in there as well to work out all the kinks.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment