Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Butt Hurts

So I clocked 6 miles on the bike yesterday and 4 today. I originally intended to do 10 today, but by the time I hit the second mile, my butt was informing me no such things were happening. So I just turned around and went back. At least I got out there and I'm getting more confident. Monday I went at a 9 mph pace and today I went at a 13.4 mph pace. I may get the hang of this yet. I'm going to give the rump a few days off and focus on running and swimming.

I looked into swimming lessons at the Y, but they only do them in 4 week chunks. They're already halfway through this session and the next session doesn't start until after Collins Hill. I may stop by one of the classes and talk to the instructor to see if they'll let me take a few lessons just to refine my technique. I'm going to swim tomorrow night and try to get used to actually putting my face in the water. It was one of the few skills TNT specifically said we should have prior to starting the season. Goodie. I may or may not go for a run tomorrow. I've got a good bit on tap already in the form of rehearsal (1 hr), yoga class (1.25 hrs), and swimming (20-30 min). I'll probably just save the run for Thursday.

There's yet another event I'm interested in. If nothing else, it has a funny name and I'd wear the shirt with pride. It's called 24 Hours of Booty and it's, as the name implies, 24 hours of cycling to raise money for Childrens' Healthcare of Atlanta & the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I'm not a huge fan of Lance by any stretch, but he has done a lot for cancer research and CHoA is definitely a worthy cause. It's not until October, so I have time to think about it. You can ride as much or as little as you like, which I like, but they encourage aiming for a minimum of 100 miles. Considering the course loop is going to be 3 miles, that's a lot of laps. I'll sit on it, if you'll pardon the pun, until closer to time. After all, I have to get through 2 more 5k's, 2 10k's, and 3 tris. For those keeping score at home, my race schedule is shaping up something like the following:

Apr 24-Take Back the Night 5k (benefiting the Dekalb Rape Crisis Center)
May 2-Tri 2 Remember Super Sprint Tri (benefiting Alzheimer's research)
May 8-Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k (if you don't know who that benefits, you've been living under a rock)
May 31-Celebrate America 10k (with Daddums)
Jun 19-Possum Trot 10k (I'm hoping to get my picture taken with the possum, also running with Daddums)
Aug 8-PT Solutions Women's Sprint Tri
Sept 12-Nation's Tri in DC
Oct 2&3-24 Hours of Booty
Nov 25-Thanksgiving day half marathon (probably with Daddums)

If someone had told me a year ago I'd be trying (tri-ing teehee) to do something like the above by the end of the year, I probably would've thought they were insane. The insane thing is how excited I am about doing it all. If I finish all those, I'm going to have to get an epic tattoo in the off season. Ya know, just because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment