Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Being A Good Patient

The sprained ankle has gotten worse. Maybe it was the shoes I was wearing today or something, but it's been pretty bad. I actually iced it and I never ice joints, have it braced, and I'm trying to stay off it. I think it's moderately successful. It's not really feeling any better. I'm going to try to be a good patient and stay off it the rest of the week. Camp starts back up again next Monday, so that gives me 5 more days to try and heal up a bit.

I hate that I'm losing training time, but I keep trying (tri-ing) to remind myself that it's better to miss a week than 6 because I ended up tearing a tendon or breaking another bone.

I'm also trying to get my diet in order. I'm not getting nearly enough protein for the amount of exercise I get and trying to lower my carb intake. We'll see how that goes.

Until next time, my intrepid readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment