Sunday, April 4, 2010

Getting Back on Track

So training hasn't gone as planned this weekend. Yesterday I just did yoga and today I wanted to run 3 miles and bike 8-10. I've never run in 80 degree heat before, so I only made it through a mile of the run. I decided to wait to go out on the bike, then the temperature actually went up. I probably should've gone anyway and I need to learn to train in temperatures way worse than this. It also didn't help that I stayed up super late last night and threw off my sleep schedule. That's probably part of why I just couldn't get it together.

We're off camp this week so I can do some training in the morning. I won't have another chance to get out on the Greenway until at least Wednesday night. I guess I could bike through the neighborhood, but I'm not sure I'm ready to handle traffic yet.

Ideally the week will look something like this:

Monday: Run
Tuesday: Swim
Wednesday: Swim & Bike
Thursday: Run
Friday: Bike
Saturday: Swim & Run
Sunday: Bike

I guess we'll see how it pans out. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment