Sunday, April 18, 2010

Playing Chicken

So I didn't end up going to the race. My alarm went off and I chickened out. It turned out to be a good thing because I had rehearsal that afternoon. We weren't exactly doing cheerleading practice this time around, but it probably wouldn't have been a good idea to use up my legs. So I went to rehearsal and then went out on the trail. I did 6 miles again and improved my pace by 2.5ish minutes per mile. As I've learned, because I'm on a hybrid, I can't go as fast as road bikes. If I get serious about this, I will have to invest in a nicer bike. Of course, I can't exactly afford to pony up $1500 for a bike right now. Gunter will suffice for now. I wanted to do a run afterwards, but when I was putting Gunter up a bunch of families hit the trail. I didn't exactly feel like dodging them. I may try again this afternoon, though I'm sure it'll be equally busy.

What I really need to do is swim. I haven't gone in almost 2 weeks. The Y doesn't open until 1, so I have some time to kill. I have to work tonight, so I need to allow time to come home and clean myself up as well. I also need to talk to someone about crashing a swim lesson or two. I won't be able to go Tuesday because of my event, but I might be able to swing Thursday. I'll ask about it when I go today and see what they say.

This time in two weeks I'll be finishing up my very first tri and can call myself, officially, a competitive triathlete. Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment