Saturday, April 24, 2010

5k Round Two

Today is supposed to be my 2nd 5k. I say "supposed to" because it's raining. It's been thundering off and on. The RD said that they would run it rain or shine, but would change the start time if it looked like the runners were going to be electrocuted. That's mighty nice of them. I figure I'll play it by ear. If it doesn't look that bad, I'll go ahead and run it. If it's pouring rain, I won't bother. They already got my entry fee/donation so at worst I'm out $20. I would like to run and post a better time than I did in my first race, but I also don't want to risk slipping, face planting, and injuring or re-injuring one of my already emotional joints. Which reminds me, I need to put my ThermiPack back in the freezer.

If it's not raining tomorrow, I'll take Gunter out. I also need to look into getting a pair of tri shorts. My original plan of throwing the bike shorts over the swimsuit was strongly suggested against. I guess it makes sense. I have a $30 credit at the bike store where I bought Gunter and I know they have tri stuff, so that should pay for a decent pair. Then I guess I'll swim in my sports bra and shorts and throw a top over it for bike and run. I do hope they have semi-private areas for me to wring it out first. I wouldn't want to offend anyone or cause an earthquake. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment